Friday, January 23, 2009

Virginity for Sale?

January 23, 2009


Dear Diary,

Natalie Dylan is selling her virginity. Diary, I'm not lying! This beautiful queen. This magnificent being, who is precious in the sight of God has decided to sell her virginity to the highest bidder. Oh, and the bids are high. According to CNN(www.cnn.com/2009/LIVING/01/22/virginity.value/index.html), the bid is currently at $3.8 Million! Dylan's milky skin, and supple body has provoked men in California to go wild! Or, maybe it isn't in her long, layered, shampoo model hair or her hips that sit ready. Maybe it's in the idea of being the first. The ego trip that it takes men on to know that they were the first to conquer the purity of  an untouched womb. What a gift that is?  Not just to be the first touch it, but to be able to hold onto to that gift for 22 years. This morning, I wish that I could bring Ms. Dylan to Anacostia Senior High School. I'm sure 3.8 Million is very tempting, but somethings should be priceless.

I would walk Ms. Dylan around to the teen parents program so that she can sit and ask each young lady how their first time was. 3 out of 10 students in this program are trying their hardest to forget it. There were no candles and slow music playing. There were tears. Moments of gasping for air trying to breath in spite of the pain that they were feeling. Their minds were wondering if they told their mothers the truth about this experience would she ever believe? Ms. Dylan, while you are  selling your lovely livelihood for the price of your soul, my students are mentally frozen in a place called rape, molestation, violation, manipulation. A place of, " I did it because he said he loved me", and " If I wasn't as developed my uncle would have never touched me". Now, I do know women who don't have this story. Who would tell you to take the money and run! They aren't aware of the power that you possess and the power you are willing to give away for financial stability. Has the economy come to this? Are we so hard pressed for dollars that we are willing to sell our integrity and bodies? Explain your way of thinking to young women around the world who built their discomfort in knowing that the one thing you are willing to give away they had taken away or gave in hopes to receive love. 

Some way I know that Ms. Dylan is looking for the same thing. 

I'm sure she feels loved because CNN is making her a star and MySpace is laughing at her all the way to the bank, but that will never be enough. 

LadyDiva's, you will be searching your entire life for the love that ONLY God can give. There is no man, money, clothing, or accomplishment that can wipe away the feelings of abandonment, rejection, abuse or neglect. Your virginity is not all you are, but it is a gift from God. Please cherish and hold onto it! I'm sure that this is an unpopular message. However, I don't care about fads or popularity! THERE ARE WOMEN ALL OVER WHO WISH THEY COULD HAVE THAT SPECIAL, IRREPLACEABLE, INNOCENT GIFT BACK! SAVE IT! LOVE IT! AND GIVE IT AT GOD'S APPOINTED TIME...and  HIS TIME IS NOT THE TIME THAT THE WORLD IS ON!

Ms. Dylan has the opportunity to stand for women all over( Especially with all of this media attention)! She can stand for the young girl whose mother sold her for a hit of crack. For the girl sold into slavery at age 8 and was forced to be the concubine of a ruler 3 times her age. For the girl who must prostitute her body in foreign countries to provide for a family that was destroyed by war. Diary, she can stand for me. 

And If she doesn't, although I pray she does, WE my LadyDiva's will stand for ourselves! We will, despite what life has offered us, increase the value of the virginity, thus our commitment to self-preservation. We serve a God of the 2nd, 3rd, 1500th chance! I am learning diary, that everyday is another opportunity to get it right. To be better than the day before. To embrace our story and find beauty in it's ashes. 

To find Beauty in It's Ashes...

That ALONE is priceless...

In Sisterly Love...

THELadyDiva 

1 comment:

  1. Preach!

    I was appalled by this story. And I hate to say it . .but it was a little hard to believe with her sexy pictures and the fact that she was willing to get with a stranger that she was untouched . . . Keep the post coming!

    ReplyDelete